As the former Head of Investment Strategy at Analytic Investors, Brian Haskin is a great source for information on liquid alternative strategies. His relatively new shop, Alternative Strategy Partners, publishes great research on the liquid alts universe.
Below is a link to his Liquid Alternatives Report which comes out twice a month. It contains sections on Upcoming Events, News, and Research and Commentary:
Research & Commentary
- Cliffwater: Liquid hedge fund strategies have 1-point performance drag from Pensions & Investments.
- Note that Cliffwater finds the liquidity premium is the smallest for ’40 Act funds at 0.48% versus 1.68% for managed account platforms.
- A copy of the Cliffwater paper can be found here: Performance of Private versus Liquid Alternatives: How Big a Difference?
- Retirement Reset: Next-Generation DC Solutions with Non-Traditional Components from BNY Mellon.
- Hedge Funds Down Slightly in May, but April Saw Solid Inflows from Morningstar.
- Triggers For Recent Market Volatility from Hewitt EnnisKnupp.
Download PDFs here