Below is our “Top Podcast” list with our curator, Colby Donovan!
Today we have one of the wealthiest, self-made billionaires on why he’s donating his fortune, an episode on the benefit of puzzles, and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian on the potential of Web3.
- Making Sense with Sam Harris: #271 — Earning to Give. Sam Harris speaks with Sam Bankman-Fried, founder & CEO of FTX. After touching on his background and what may go wrong with crypto, he talks about the Giving What We Can pledge and how he believes ambitious people should be when doing good. He also addresses the stigma around wealth today and generosity among the ultra-wealthy. [December 24, 2021–75 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Website Link
- My First Million: The 2021 Milly Awards. Sam Parr, Shaan Puri & Andrew Wilkinson take a look back at 2021. They discuss a bunch of different categories and pick their favorites of the year, including a millionaire & billionaire, company, lesson, book, subscription, & more! [December 30, 2021–106 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Website Link
- The James Altucher Show: 807 — A.J. Jacobs: The Most Interesting Man in the World. Jacobs talks with Altucher about his upcoming book, The Puzzler, and what he learned trying to solve some of the world’s toughest puzzles. He applies the idea of solving a puzzle to anything that requires tinkering to achieve an answer and shares some best practices when trying to solve a puzzle. Then he discusses a conference he attended about the importance of long-term thinking in society and what his takeaways were. [December 28, 2021–65 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker
“Puzzles are a great way to teach people how to think.”
- Modern Finance: From Web2 to Web3: Alexis Ohanian and Kevin Rose. Rose speaks with Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit, about the transition from Web2 to Web3. They discuss the problems of Web2 that Web3 solves, how Ohanian handles the volatility of crypto, the future of investment management, and the power that a community can have around a project. [December 28, 2021–76 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Website Link
“The CEO role of the future is as much a head of state as a business leader.”
The Meb Faber Show
- The Best Investment Writing Volume 5: Selected Writing from Prominent Investors and Authors. Listen to all of The Best Investment Writing: Volume 5. See the show notes for the time stamps of all the pieces. [December 27, 2021–236 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Website Link
- #380 — Top Podcasts of 2021 — Replay: Jeremy Grantham, Chris Cole, Jeff Seder. Listen to the top episodes of 2021, featuring Jeremy Grantham on bubbles, VC & solving climate change; Chris Cole on how to construct a portfolio designed to survive 100 years; and Jeff Seder sharing his story of finding Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah. [December 29, 2021–214 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Website Link
Sam Parr (Founder, The Hustle)
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing