Below is our “Top Podcast” list with our curator, Colby Donovan!
Today we have Ian Bremmer on the war in Ukraine, Andrew Beer on managed futures and hedge fund strategies, and Dr. Gio Valiante with a masterclass on peak performance.
- Making Sense: #277 — How Does The War in Ukraine End? Ian Bremmer is the President of Eurasia Group, a political risk research and consulting firm. In this episode, he gives an update on the war between Russia & Ukraine, touching on the impact of sanctions on Russia so far, what countries are and aren’t pushing back on Russia, Europe’s major push to become less energy dependent on Russia, and possible outcomes from here. [April 3, 2022–38 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Website Link
- WEALTHTRACK: Want Profits? New Market Strategy Needed. Savita Subramanian is the Head of ESG Research and the Head of U.S. Equity and Quantitative Strategy for Bank of America. In this episode, she explains why she’s focused on the world experiencing peak globalization and trough rates, why she expects a longer-term rotation into value over growth, and why she‘s bullish on the energy sector. [April 9, 2022–26 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google
- Insight is Capital Podcast: 112 Andrew Beer on Simplifying Managed Futures and Liquid Alts Exposure. Andrew Beer is a managing member at Dynamic Beta Investments, which sponsors and rolls out ETFs that look like managed futures (CTAs) and hedge funds, except with full transparency, liquidity, and lower fees. In this episode, he explains why the firm is focused on brining Jack Bogle’s philosophy to the managed futures and hedge fund space, why he takes an ensemble approach when constructing these strategies, and how advisors can implement and communicate with their clients about these more complex strategies. [April 7, 2022–89 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google
The Meb Faber Show
- #404 — Mebisode — How I Invest 2022. In this Mebisode, Meb reads his article titled “How I Invest 2022” which is an update to a piece he originally penned during the pandemic in 2020. You’ll hear how Meb invests his own money and how that’s changed in the past two years. [April 4, 2022–21 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Website Link
- #405 — Gio Valiante — Prepare For The Masters With A Masterclass in Peak Performance in Athletics & Investing. Gio Valiante is one of the most successful performance coaches in the world and has worked with some of the top golfers on the PGA Tour, the Buffalo Bills, and Steve Cohen’s Point72. He talks about the need to balance mastery vs. ego orientation, how to handle fear and anxiety while still performing at your best, focusing on process over outcome, and how to balance confidence with overconfidence. Be sure to stick around until the end to hear the commonalities he sees between greats like Tiger Woods & Steve Cohen (here). [April 6, 2022–58 minutes] iTunes Podcast | Spotify | Google | Website Link